Art Show and Sale

St. David’s Episcopal Church

763 South Valley Forge Road, Wayne, PA 19087

 

Dates: Friday, March 29 to Sunday, March 31, 2019

General Requirements:

  1. Only Full DVAL members may participate.  Deadline for entry will be at March 1, 2019 or until 40 artists are entered.

  2. All work must be original. Artists will have two panels, 3’ by 6’, to display their work. Art will be displayed on one side only giving each artist a 6' x 6' space. 

  3. Artist Instructions including inventory lists, labeling and delivery of art will be provided to registered artists during the first week of March.

  4. Participants may also bring a portfolio bin with up to 15 pieces of art.  All portfolio art must be original work, properly labeled, matted and sealed.

  5. Artists will submit two inventory lists with their art: one for artwork on the panels and one for artwork in the portfolio bin.   In addition to the name and contact information for the artist, the inventory lists will include the title, the medium, the size and the price for each piece of art work.

  6. Members will submit biographies for the show binder and will have the opportunity to have their own PR information by their panels.

  7. Every artist participating is required to volunteer to work during the sale.

  8. Participants are also expected to bring in finger foods or non-alcoholic beverages for one day of the sale or for the reception.  DVAL will provide the wine and beverages for the reception.

  9. Liability for damage or loss of art work is not provided by DVAL or St. David’s Episcopal Church.

DVAL Art Show Flyer 2019.jpg

Calendar of Events: 

  • Thursday, March 28, 2019:

    • Panel Set-up 1:00 pm until 5:00 pm;

    • Set-up time for the show is from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm.

  • Friday, March 29, 2019:

    • Show is open from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm.  

    • The artists’ reception is 6:00 to 8:00 pm.

  • Saturday, March 30, 2019:

    • Show is open from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm.

  • Sunday, March 31, 2019:

    • Show is open from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm;

    • Artists pick up art work 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm.

  • Monday, April 1, 2019:

    • Panels are removed 10:00 am until 12 noon.

Sale Proceeds

Artists will receive 80% of the proceeds for any art sold.  The remaining 20% will be split evenly between DVAL and a charity identified by St. David’s Church.  The 10% retained by DVAL is used to cover the costs of the sale.

Entry Fees:     

Entry fee for the sale is $35.  Each artist will be provided with two panel sides nominally 3 ft wide x 6 ft tall, a total area of 6 ft x 6 ft for display of their art.  These are the same panels that are used for the jury process  at DVAL meetings.   The fee for rental of the panels is $6.  Artists can provide their own panels if they are compatible with the DVAL panels.

Registration:

Artists can register for the St. David’s Episcopal Church Sale on the DVAL Website (below) or by mail. See flyer at the top of the page for mail form and mailing instructions. 

          

Liability Release:

Liability for damage or loss of artwork is not provided by St. David’s Episcopal Church or DVAL. 

Contacts:

Chairman of Art Sale: George Gallatig, ggallatig@gmail.com

Volunteering: Jeanne Gunther, jegunther@comcast.net

  • Facebook Social Icon

Delaware Valley Art League

Email: info@delawarevalleyartleague.com

© 2019 Delaware Valley Art League

For membership questions:

c/o Mary Smith

706 Haines Mill Road

West Chester, PA 19382

For general correspondence:

c/o Ardyth Sobyak

304 Doe Run Lane

Radnor, PA 19087